Because today is the 40th anniversary of the US Supreme Court ruling, Roe v. Wade, which made abortion legal in the US, there is a lot of great writing happening about reproductive health, rights, and justice that we’d like to highlight.
- You can listen to Flyover Feminism contributor, Carolyn Jones, on today’s Fresh Air (NPR) episode, discussing Texas reproductive rights.
- Shark Fu at Angry Black Bitch: “For reproductive justice…“
- Shaker Angeline at Shakesville: “On Bei Bei Shuai“
- Aishah Shahidah Simmons and Monica J. Casper at The Feminist Wire: “Choosing Our Own Lives: Two 40-Something Feminists Reflect on Roe“
- Kate Sheppard at Mother Jones: “Inside Mississippi’s Last Abortion Clinic“
- Miss Mariam at Redbone Afropuff: “Why Race Should Matter to Pro-Choice Activists“
- Allison Yarrow at The Daily Beast: “Inside an Oklahoma Abortion Clinic“
- Valerie Lapinski at Time: “Winning Roe v. Wade: Q&A with Sarah Weddington“
- Atima Omara-Alwala at Ms. Magazine: “Roe at 40: Reproductive Justice for Black Women“
- Shanelle Matthews at The Crunk Feminist Collective: ”The story that’s taken ten years to tell: On abortion, race and the power of story“
- Dani McClain at Ebony: “Roe v. Wade at 40: What Keeps Black Women from Going Public with Our Stories?“
- Irin Carmon at Salon: “5 things you don’t know about Roe“
- Forward Together has an amazing series today at the Strong Families blog that focuses on the voices of people of color, queer and trans folks.
- Michael Keller and Allison Yarrow at The Daily Beast: “Interactive: The Geography of Abortion Access“
- RH Reality Check also has a wonderful series today for Roe at 40
[Editor's Note: more people than just cis women need and want access to affordable reproductive health care, including abortion.]
Please see Flyover Feminism’s comment policy before leaving comments on the site. Comments that violate the policy will be deleted.
Also, if you’d like to be a contributor here at Flyover, please see our submissions page.